1. replace/repair instrument cluster (1 reports)
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Jul 102015

Lancer LS 2.0L

This issue has come and gone until recently... I'm pretty good at troubleshooting with cars, but this had me stumped. At first my speedometer would intermittently get stuck at 60, then eventually go back to where it's supposed to be. I did a bit of research, and I figured it was the speed sensors. I replaced both of them with oem replacements... It worked out ok for a little while... Then it went back to getting stuck.

I bought a odb2 scan tool with live data feed and had my friend check out my speed while I was driving... And that checked out just fine. So I ruled out the speed sensors. I did even more research and found out that others were having my same problem, which people resulted in getting a used instrument cluster to replace the old one. I finally got the 450+ dollars together to buy a brand new cluster gauge. I'm having it calibrated to show my mileage this Monday. Which will cost me $290. Plus installation...

- , Philadelphia, PA, USA