2003 Mitsubishi Lancer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Jan 102011

Lancer 4-cyl

On Jan. 10, 2011 I was driving my friends 2003 Mitsubishi, Lancer. As we were leaving the doctors office parking lot I attempted to stop at the parking lot exit, a slight incline before a busy street. The brake pedal was firm but the car continued to roll forward. Even though I was pressing the brake as hard as I could I was unable to stop and the front end of the car was smash by a semi truck. My friend and I were unharmed but shaken up. After checking for recalls I can't help but think the brake failure we experience is the same as described in NHTSA campaign #09V077000 for the 2008-2009 model of the Mitsubishi Lancer.

- Fredericktown, MO, USA