2003 Mitsubishi Lancer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Mar 192007

Lancer 4-cyl

(1) the temperature control on my 2003 Lancer ES was always a bit hard to move. 2) now the switch has gotten so hard to control that it feels almost as if it does not work when you finally place it in the right position. 3) I took it into my local dealership maywood Mitsubishi, NJ where the vehicle was purchased and they said it is a known issue and wanted to charge me 700 dollars to fix it. This is a defect in the vehicle that should have been made a recall. I know for a fact the Lancer from 02-04 has had this same issue. Mitsubishi does not resume responsibility for their faulty switches. This goes to show how much they "back" their problems.

- Lyndhurst, NJ, USA

Sep 152006

Lancer 4-cyl

After purchasing my vehicle I noticed two things, one that is troublesome and the other a major inconvenience. One day after stepping out of my vehicle while the vehicle was running with the A/C on I heard a loud rattling sound every time the A/C kicked on. I took it into a dealership while I was having them check my temperature control knob (the other problem) and told them about it. They just put grease on the knob and told me that the A/C is supposed to sound like that. Well, just this last fall my A/C compressor (I think it is the compressor) blew out and started smoking. I thought that the freon was empty but it is not. Is this legitimate for a complaint?

- El Mirage, AZ, USA

Feb 162006

Lancer 4-cyl

I turned the hot/cold dial to hot one winter morning and the cable snapped there for the heat did not work anymore. I took it in for repairs, they replaced the cable $300 later it snapped again 2 months later. No the Mitsubishi dealership is telling me that its the heater box that needs to be replaced and its going to cost me $2000 to have it replace. So now its November 15 and I don't have any heat!

- Gilbert, SC, USA

Mar 032003

Lancer

Request for information on any recalls involving 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer.

- Edina, MN, USA

Jul 012004

Lancer

Problems with 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Nov 152003

Lancer

I am a chemically sensitive individual having been poisened 9 years ago. I did not recoginize the hazards because the dealership complied with my request to not detail car with chemicals, but the off gassing of the plastics, vinyls, carpets, materials and ? (I do not know if I have over looked something else) has caused muscle pain, headaches, nausea, fatigue, passing out at the wheel, weakness in my limbs, internal cramping and eczema on my hands. The seat is totally incorrectly designed for shorter people and the adjustment in the seat does not work to compensate causing extremely lower to mid back pain so severe it causes difficulty in walking, sitting and nausea. The dealership and the manufacturer are not willing to take responsibility for the inadequate, unsafe condition of the product.

- Auburn, WA, USA

Jun 012003

Lancer 4-cyl

Paint swirls and scratches easily. Car has less than 1500 miles and has already acquired several scratches in paint.

- Groton, CT, USA

Mar 032003

Lancer 4-cyl

Paint chips and cracks easily; tree sap and bird droppings eat through paint even if washed off within a few hours; this should not happen on a 6-month old vehicle.

- Ontario, CA, USA