2008 Mitsubishi Lancer electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Mar 282016

Lancer

Blower motor has failed three times. Blower motors on later manufactured vehicles were recalled several years ago because the blower motor may fail. This vehicle exhibits the same symptoms described as that recall but is outside the scope.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jun 102008

Lancer

My son was attempting to stop at a red light when the brakes started to pulse uncontrollably, and the brake pedal when down to the floor. Also the ABS light lit up. Unfortunately he could not stop in time and he hit the car in front of him. Three weeks later after the car was repaired, I went to go start the car and the car would not go into gear, the instrument panel lit up and some of my electric stop working. I had the car towed to the dealer. After two days of diagnostics they said there was a problem with a wiring harness due to the accident. I tried to explain to the dealer that the ABS was the reason we had the accident in the first place and that was when the electrical problem started. There was a bill for $423 that we had to pay because the dealer insisted the problem was due to the accident. I will be in touch with Mitsubishi to see if this can be rectified. Also I do hope someone will investigate this electrical problem. It was very unnerving to hit the brakes and the car would not stop.

- Bayonne, NJ, USA

Oct 132007

Lancer 4-cyl

I had purchased a brand new 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer in April 2007. After having the car only 2 weeks, it would not start. I brought it into the dealership where it was tested and examined. All tests came back perfect. From then on my car would intermittently not start. Every time I brought it to the dealership. It was in the shop 6 time for a total of about 3 1/2 weeks! nothing could be detected therefore nothing was ever fixed!! I filed a claim with Mitsubishi and my car was finally deemed a lemon. I had received another brand new 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer in October 2007. Now it being about 2 weeks since having the car, I am experiencing the same problem!!!! the car just won't start. There has to be someone else that owns one of these cars that is having the same issues??!! I cannot be the only person that purchased two brand new cars that turned out to be lemons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Port Jervis, NY, USA

Oct 132007

Lancer

I purchased a brand new 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer in April 2007. After only owning the car for 2 weeks it wouldn't start. I brought it to the dealership and where it was tested and examined. All test came back perfect. From then on the car would intermittently not start. I took the car back to the dealership every time this occurred. It was in the shop 6 times and for a total of about 3 1/2 weeks. The problem could never be detected and there for never fixed. I filed a claim with Mitsubishi and the car was finally deemed a lemon. I received another brand new 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer in October 2007. Now after having this car for about 2 weeks, the problem is re-occurring!! it just won't start. There has to be more 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer owners out there that have experienced this same problem. What are the odds that I have purchased the only two brand new cars that are lemons!!!!

- Port Jervis, NY, USA