8.0

1. replace transmission (1 reports)
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Dec 142009

Lancer GTS 2.0L

• CVT transmission

It happens first on long trips around a 500 miles trip, it keeps happening and it was even in a 60 miles trips, so it was pretty annoying I had to pull over in the highway untill the transmition cool down and then I can continue my jurney, sometimes it tooks 5 minutes some other times 1 hour, It took more than 3 years to the dealership (about 8 moths total time inside the dealership) to finally change my transmission, they were only changing the transmition oil all the times that I took to the dealership.

I even contact the corporative office with the complaint, but it was useless they just has stupids explanaitions, finally they agreed to change the transmition, I just want to make another 500 miles trip to see if that really fix the problem or not, but right now the gas efficiency has dropped significantelly so I belive there is another problem there when they change the transmition.

really a pretty bad car and customer service, I won't buy any other mitsubishi ever!!! it has a gread design but the "technical" leaves a bad impretion and the "customer service" is better in a mcdonnals.

- , Toluca, MEX, Mexico