2009 Mitsubishi Lancer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Aug 102016

Lancer

Accident 8/10/2016, the driver's side seat belt broke which allowed me to get tossed around my car and it flipped 8 times. None of the side airbags deployed.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Dec 222014

Lancer

The contact owns a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 09V435000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Jurop, PR, USA

Feb 152013

Lancer

I accidentally rear ended the car in front of me, there was significant damage to the front end of my car and no air bag deployed, rather, a fair amount of dust filled the inside of my car.

- Orange, CA, USA

Jul 162009

Lancer

I have a 09 Lancer I had the brake recall done a month later I was driving to work just got off the expressway was on a side street doing 30 miles per hour the speed limit the brakes failed causing me to rearend another car I am injured and in therapy also none of the air bags went off there is over $6000 dollars in damage on just my car.

- Chicago Heights, IL, USA

Mar 202009

Lancer

I was traveling southbound on the Florida turnpike, I was on the left hand lane when I looked through the rearview mirror and noticed a vehicle behind doing about 80-90 miles per hour. I merged to the middle lane so that they could continue on. They were recklessly driving and they swerved to my lane, I proceeded to swerve to avoid getting hit and when I tried to hit the brakes they jammed on me. I lost control of the car and hit the right divider with the front of my car, the car proceeded to spin out of control and every angle of the car was hit with divider and then I ended up in the middle lane facing traffic. Only 3 out of 8 airbags deployed. The main airbag which was the steering wheel airbag and knee airbags did not deploy. The car is claimed to be a total loss by geico.

- Miami , FL, USA