8.4

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Oct 282014

Lancer

The contact owns a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V2333000 (visibility) and 14V562000 (engine and engine cooling). The parts needed for the recall repair were not available. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ponce, PR, USA

Dec 172014

Lancer

The contact owns a 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V562000 (engine and engine cooling) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Glenn Burnie, MD, USA

Oct 312014

Lancer

The contact owns a 2011 Mitsubishi lancier. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V562000 (engine). However, the needed part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 012013

Lancer 4-cyl

I own a Mitsubishi Lancer evolution X gsr 2011. I purchased this vehicle on February 2013 brand new. By the end of September 2013 (7 months) I had about 15,000 miles on the vehicle and I started experiencing a problem with the acceleration of the vehicle. The gear was engaging properly but there was a delay on getting traction to the wheels. The engine ramped up several rpms before the car started accelerating in any gear. On October 2nd 2013 I took the vehicle to the Mitsubishi dealership and I was told that I have to replace the clutch because it was worn off. I could not believe this since the vehicle was fairly new and I have never experienced this problem before, all my previous vehicles have had manual transmission. I also got the vehicle checked with two local mechanics and they told me that the clutch was worn off beyond normal. The clutch is not under manufacturer's warranty because it's wear off depends on the driver according to Mitsubishi. The problem arises when I checked the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website for recalls and I found out that in November 11 2013 there will be a recall noticed for my vehicle for the clutch master cylinder. After November 11 I called the dealership to confirm that my car is one of the cars affected and it was indeed. I got the clutch master cylinder replaced and the car is still having the same problem as before. My question is, and I need to know if the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration can do the research for me, what is the effect of a damaged clutch master cylinder on the wearing of a clutch" I now have to pay over $2,000 to the dealership to have the clutch replaced. If the clutch was damaged due to miss-function of the master cylinder wouldn't Mitsubishi have to cover repair cost for the early wearing of the clutch" please get back to me. Sincerely,

- North Arlington, NJ, USA