2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution:

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Owner Comments

Feb 102006

Lancer Evolution 4-cyl

Paint on my 03 evo began flaking off, rock chips by both back passenger doors, 24K miles and I have too many rock chips everywhere, my 98 cavalier doesn't have this many rock chips.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Sep 012003

Lancer Evolution 4-cyl

Rock chips behind the drivers side rear door. Many little chips running up the door frame. The chips are in the crease of the door jamb. I can provide pictures. I took the car (2003 Mitsubishi Lancer evolution) to hall Mitsubishi in newport news Virginia around January or February. The service manager said it was rocks kicked up from the road and directed me to call a touch up paint repair specialist. I have talked to many other Lancer evolution owners and seen first hand that almost every evolution has this problem. I can provide pictures of the area in question. The chips are tiny, but they are in a place on the car that will be very susceptable to rust. I started noticing the problems about a month after I bought the car. I believe the problem is caused by a improperly aligned rear door. So far I have only noticed the problem on the drivers side of the car.

- Yorktown, VA, USA