2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution:

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Owner Comments

Aug 012004

Lancer Evolution 4-cyl

I purchased a new 2003 Mitsubishi evolution viii with about 300 miles on April 28th 2004. Approx. 3 months later I noticed that the clutch started to slip in second gear. I then proceeded to take it to the dealership where I was told that the clutch was blown. At this time I had appox. 3200 miles on my new vehicle. I was then told that I would have to have a replacement clutch put in and that for them to even look at the clutch it would cost $500 for them to drop the parts needed to confirm this problem, which I thought was ridiculous because I was at trhe mercy of the dealership and Mitsubishi's sub-par replacement part. I had my car towed to a local performance shop where they instructed me to replace the clutch with a more durable and well know act race dics. In doing the repair also the flywheel seemed to be damaged so that was replaced as well. The car was not ever raced or ever abused or driven to any extent of wearing parts excessivly. This I feel is known negligence of sub-par parts used in this vehicle.

- Allentown, PA, USA

May 222004

Lancer Evolution 4-cyl

I have had problems with the clutch on this vehicle. I have only 7,000 miles on the vehicle. 5th gear synchros went bad. This is not acceptable. The dealership specifically advised they have had numerous complaints about this, and it should be recognized.

- Huntely, IL, USA

Apr 132004

Lancer Evolution

While driving at 65 mph consumer shifted gears and smelled a burning odor. Vehicle was pulled to the shoulder, and the consumer found that the push rod to the clutch was bend. Vehicle was towed to the dealer, who confirmed that the push rod was indeed bend.

- Henderson, NV, USA