2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution:

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Owner Comments

Jul 012013

Lancer Evolution

There is an active center differential pump failure that is becoming common in all Lancer evolutions of this year. Mine went out last year and I have been having to drive with it for a year now not knowing whether the differential is corroding at an accelerated rate of not. I did this because after I had my vehicle assessed they told it would be $2500 to replace. I researched online and found that this is a very common problem and can be dangerous therefore causing me to have to pay this absurd amount even with knowing that almost 60% of evo drivers have to deal with this same issue.

- Poplar Grove, IL, USA

Apr 102014

Lancer Evolution 4-cyl

This is a very well documented and known issue amongst evolution gen 9 owners. The oem timing belt bracket tensioner was made incorrect and causes the timing belt to rub against metal. There has already been a replacement bracket made that corrects the issue but I think this needs to be a recall. Mitsubishi needs to own this one and make it right, it's a faulty part, initiate the recall.

- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA

Jan 272014

Lancer Evolution 4-cyl

My acd hydraulic pump has failed. RPM's surge when accelerating and when at idle, I feel like it is putting my engine under extreme pressure. From my research I have seen this is a very common problem with the Mitsubishi lance evolutions. There has been no recall, and what they are charging to get a new one which you can only get from the dealership is ridiculously expensive. Something needs to be done about this!

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA