2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution:

2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Owner Comments

Oct 172014

Lancer Evolution

On September 2, 2014, I purchased a 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer evolution gsr. On October 17, 2014, with a little over 2700 miles the service/maintenance light comes on and I drove the car to Mitsubishi to have them check the car out. On October 21, 2014, I returned to dealer and the car was immediately was driven inside and placed on a lift to be inspected. I was told by the service manager that it would be a longer wait then expected due to Mitsubishi's head office being located in California, and time zone difference. I was not given a loaner car, standard practice on a brand new vehicle with full warranty and he ( svr. Manager) did not give me any information while I waited. The next day, I received a call from VIN from Mitsubishi service department who told me Mitsubishi, wants to get authorization from me to break down the cars engine/transmission in order to move forward and it would cost me $1100, if they saw that it wasn't a defect on Mitsubishi's part. I gave the authorization and was called again by VIN, who advised me that the car had a defective seal and the car is covered under warranty. On October 22, 2014, at about approx. 4:25pm I received a call from Mitsubishi service department to give me a new update on the defective parts and repairs. VIN told me that the clutch & fly wheel had burned out and that Mitsubishi was no longer going to cover repairs, which had now reached $3,200. This is an expensive car from mitsubshi; we bought it with 11 miles on it and it is inconceivable that a brand new car can have such defective problems. Mitsubishi is not upholding their responsibilities and we feel we have been sold a lemon. How can a vehicle go in for an oil leak and suddenly have all these major issues? October 27th I was told by the district manager of Mitsubishi that the car was not going to be covered and Mitsubishi told me to "do as you please."

- Brooklyn, NY, USA