1. replace and repair all hinges (3 reports)
2000 Mitsubishi Mirage body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage:

2000 Mitsubishi Mirage Owner Comments

Jun 112004

Mirage DE

My doors are falling off!! With my car it also started with the passenger door and now has moved onto my driver's side door! I'm taking it to the dealership this monday! This is ridiculous! I have a full time professional job and I'm climbing in and out of my back seat in from of my co-workers every morning and afternoon.... I can't afford to get these doors fixed, If my dealership doesn't fix these, I'm going to take it up a notch and go to the national Mitsubishi Headquaters.... Were any of you able to get your doors fixed?

- , Little Falls, NJ, USA

Jun 062004

Both the driver and passenger doors on our car are falling off due to defective door hinges. The doors are almost impossible to open and close. Who would think this would happen to a 4 year old car!

- , Little Falls, NJ, USA

May 102004

Mirage DE

The doors are falling off! So far the assessment is that the hinges are broken. It started with the passenger door, then the drivers door, and now the back doors are making noise.

- , Melrose, MA, USA

May 032004

This whole thing is just bull. I am being told that the problem with the door hinges breaking is normal wear and tear and that it's not even covered under our extended warranty. You tell me what other car four years old has their doors falling off!! Our mother in law has the same car same year and she is also having the same exact problem. I spoke with Mitsubishi and they told me that it was a known problem but they weren't covering it. Thats just bad customer service!!!!!!!!! If there is anyone else with this problem please file a complaint and contact me using the link below. Lets all take a stand and put a stop to this whole problem!!!!

- , Greenfield, WI, USA