2.5

2002 Mitsubishi Montero miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mitsubishi Montero:

2002 Mitsubishi Montero Owner Comments

Apr 152009

Montero

I also own a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero ltd. I have owned it for 6 years and have had to replace the brakes 6 times. I drive up and down the southern ca mountains, and have experienced the same same shaking a shimming as I have heard other owners express. The brakes continually wear with black "dust" around the wheels, and make the grinding and groaning sounds as well. I have not attempted to contact Mitsubishi regarding this problem, but however, am realizing that it has become a real issue, and continues to cost upwards of $600 each time I have to replace the brakes. Any assistance regarding the brakes would be greatly appreciated.

- Big Bear Lake, CA, USA