2004 Mitsubishi Outlander body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Nov 012016

Outlander

I noticed excessive play in the left front of my car which is a safety issue so I brought it to courtesy auto group in South attleboro MA. And they found that it needs lower control arm due to corrosion. I looked underneath the car when I got it home and found severe corrosion on the cross members and the corrosion is from front to back underneath the car and is becoming a real safety issue. I believe Mitsubishi should have this problem fixed because lots of people have had this issue due to faulty anti corrosion

- Narragansett, RI, USA

Sep 132016

Outlander

The contact owns a 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and diagnosed it as having corrosion issues. The contact refused to drive the vehicle and stated it would not pass inspection. The contact paid $1,711.02 out of pocket to repair the vehicle. The contact did not call the manufacturer prior to the repairs because a notice was not received until after the repairs were performed. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Franklin, MA, USA

Apr 042014

Outlander 4-cyl

I crashed my Outlander in my parking lot, I was parking slowly, pushing the brake slowly, the car was at the final position in my spot and suddenly the car crashed into a tree. The tree was about 1 meter distant from my car...IM 100% sure that the accident was a sudden acceleration. I had another similar episode about 3 months ago, also in my garage, but a that time I was ready to turn to the right to go the door and the car suddenly accelerate very fast without me pushing the gas pedal, but fortunately I had plenty space to react, not this second time, but we are humans and the first reaction is to think that we made a mistake, but no, IM 100% sure that I did not pushed the accelerator..and with this second incident I was crazy thinking every minute in what happened, and in the possibility that will happen again with less fortune and with me and other people injured or death. This thing was very very confusing. I was parking slowly, the car was near the 0 miles, the car was at the final position in my spot, and when the car was at 0 miles my car advance with super speed toward a tree in 2 seconds... the tree was 1 meter distant to my car and the insurance give me a total loss. This car is very very dangerous, please donT buy this car if you see it again in the market.

- Miami Beach, FL, USA

Jan 172013

Outlander 4-cyl

Slammed my front drivers side into a cement column in a parking lot. My airbag did not deploy. No major injury just a bruised jaw and sore neck. Incident 01/17/2013. Usaa auto insurance said car was totalled so I get the cash value.

- Bellevue, WA, USA