2007 Mitsubishi Outlander accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Dec 202010

I have been having problems with my heater since the time I bought my car. I currently own a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander. The problem I am having deals with the poor inside heating of my vehicle. For example, once my vehicle is warmed up and I am driving along the road, I am able to feel very hot air come out of the vents. However, anytime I stop somewhere such as at a red light or stop sign, the heat immediately disappears and feels like fridge air coming through the vents. Once I rev the engine up, the hot air returns. I believe this is a safety issue that needs to be dealt with because if I am stuck on the highway during a winter storm, I do not believe my car will put out enough hot air to keep me warm. Also, forget about trying to defrost the windshield and windows. If it is around 20 degrees outside and I start my vehicle and let it warm up, even though the engine is 100% warmed up, it does not put out enough hot air to defrost my windshield. The air is no where warm enough to even melt the snow and ice let alone the fog. Big safety problem if I have to stop somewhere and I am unable to defrost the fog on my windshield. I have taken my vehicle to two separate Mitsubishi service centers and they have tried several computer updates, tests, and tried replacing the engine heater door, with no real outcome. I was told this was the way some of the 2007 models were designed. The service rep specifically told me that this was a design flaw. I have contacted Mitsubishi corporate and was told my vehicle is running the way it was designed. They will not reimburse me towards a new vehicle or do anything to try and fix the problem. They will not admit to the design flaw. I am very unsatisfied and also feel unsafe in my vehicle during the winter.

- Mc Kees Rocks, PA, USA