3.1

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Sep 052014

Outlander 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V562000 (engine and engine cooling) and 14V564000 (exterior lighting). However, the parts needed were not available for months. The dealer did not provide a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure...updated 05-26-15 updated 6/30/2015

- Waynesville, NC, USA

Oct 292014

Outlander

The contact owns a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V564000 (exterior lighting); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 65,000.

- Leicester, NC, USA

Oct 012014

Outlander

The contact owns a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V562000 (engine and engine cooling) and 14V564000 (exterior lighting) and stated that the parts needed for the repairs were not available. The dealer did not provide a specific date when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Randolph, NJ, USA

Nov 032014

Outlander 6-cyl

We have a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander that we purchased in 2010. I was following my wife down the road and noticed that when she applied the brakes the brake lights sometimes did not come on. This is a huge safety problem. When we got home I tested it and found that about 20% of the time no brake lights would illuminate. I did some research online to see how difficult it would be to fix and discovered this is a very common problem with several recalls associated with it. It also effects the shift interlock which prevents shifting the car out of park even when the brake pedal is depressed. My wife confirmed she has had this problem too. We have owned the car since 2010 and have never received a recall notice. I called our local Mitsubishi dealer to find out if this was part of a recall. They said the recall had been performed on our car in 2009 and if it needed replacement again it would be at our expense since it had been more than a year since the work was done. This makes no sense to me. The car was recalled while still under warranty to have a defective part replaced. Now the part has proven to be defective again. The dealer contacted Mitsubishi to see if they would cover the replacement part but they have declined.

- Apple Valley, MN, USA

Jul 192011

Outlander

This vehicle was recalled in 2009 for a failure of the switch which activates the brake lamps. Mitsubishi records indicate that we had the switch replaced in March, 2009, along with another recall item. However, throughout the first half of 2011, my wife and I had problems getting the car to come out of 'park', and with the traction control computer indicating malfunctions. On the way to the dealership to have those issues investigated, I followed the vehicle, and noticed that most of the time, the brake lights did not activate when the brakes were applied. The dealership discovered that all three problems were caused by malfunctions of the brake lamp switch, and replaced it. To our knowledge, it has worked correctly since then. However, I am extremely concerned about the failure of the switch. After all, that's a fundamental part of a major safety system, and recall service had been performed which was supposed to prevent that very same premature failure. It is my opinion that an important safety component such as the brake lamp system should not suffer a failure after 3.5 years of service and 60,000 miles. I'm doubly confident that failure should not have occurred after the scrutiny your organization has already applied to this issue.

- San Antonio, TX, USA