4.2

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Nov 212016

Outlander

I was driving on the highway at 70 mph and without warning both of my low beam lights went out. I checked fuses and the next time I used the car the lights worked. My wife used the car one night and was driving on a dark country road and the lights once again went out without warning. She was very upset and returned home immediately. Luckily she was not too far from home. I found a recall for the 2009 Outlander that sounded just like of my problem (sr-15-002; etacs ECU). I called Mitsubishi and they said there was no recall on my vehicle and that I should take it to the dealer. I took it to the dealer and they verified the problem was the etacs ECU. They said my car was made 4 months outside the recall window but they contacted Mitsubishi to see if they would authorize the repair. Mitsubishi declined to authorize the repair. I contacted Mitsubishi for a written reason why, but they have not responded to date. I feel that this is a safety issue which should be covered by a recall.

- Ravenna, OH, USA

Nov 112014

Outlander

The contact owns a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V562000 (engine and engine cooling, exterior lighting) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Walla Walla , WA, USA

Feb 102015

Outlander

The contact owns a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V564000 (exterior lighting); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Arroyo, PR, USA

Oct 252014

Outlander

The contact owns a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V562000 (engine and engine cooling) and 14V564000 (exterior lighting:brake lights:switch) however, the parts to do the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Duarte, CA, USA