2014 Mitsubishi Outlander seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Sep 252016

Outlander

The contact owned a 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander. While driving 65 mph, the contact crashed into a moose crossing the road. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a garage. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Norwich, VT, USA

Jun 032016

Outlander

I had a very bad accident and my car got totaled but airbags did not deploye

- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA

Oct 082015

Outlander 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph, another vehicle crashed into the front driver side door of the contact's vehicle. As a result, the contact lost control and crashed into a light pole. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained back, shoulder, and neck injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent lot. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 23,000. Updated 03/08/16 updated 03/16/16

- Southelgin, IL, USA

Jul 252015

Outlander

I had a accident with my 3 children in the car with me. I was driving on a 6 lane highway & hit a car that was in the middle lane as it came to a complete stop for no apparent reason other than reaching for something in the floorboard. The damage was to the front end of my Outlander, needing to replace the bumper, hood, lights, A/C condenser & more. None of the 7 airbags in my car were deployed & none of the seatbelts locked. I was told from a local Mitsubishi dealer that if there was an issue, there would be a code in the computer, so therefore they say there is nothing wrong with my Outlander or the safety restraint system.

- Indialantic, FL, USA

Mar 192015

Outlander

The contact owns a 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning indicator was illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000.

- Kilgore, TX, USA

Mar 102015

Outlander 4-cyl

Received airbag warnings was advised if I wrecked with warning on airbags maynot deploy had to replace passenger seat the car fell to read the key a lot of the time even when its in the slot this has been ongoing sincei got the car with 400 miles dealer says they cant get it to duplicate the error so I do not know also the steering and control is terrible it sound like it always needs an oilchange makes a ticking noise seat sticks from time to time also it dent and scratch to easily the tires and brakes feel terrible at 24000 miles I have had to have the cd player replace.

- Longview, TX, USA

May 012014

Outlander 6-cyl

While driving the FCM, (front crash mitigation), and acc, (adapter cruise control), lights came on with message "service required". I took the car to the dealer they could find nothing wrong. A month later they came on again, the dealer could find nothing wrong. The next time the lights came on it was "airbag service required". I took the car to the dealer, they diagnosed the ECU going bad. Now, when a light comes on, which is often, I don't have any idea if something is really not working. They told me it would be a week to get the part, today they told me the part is on back order. I am not happy about having this problem with a six month old car. I also find it odd that a part for a brand new car is on backorder.

- Alta Vista, KS, USA