2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Owner Comments

Apr 142016

Outlander Sport

The air bag warning light on the dash is on. The car was taken to the dealership and it has been found that the airbag sensor beneath the passenger seat is defective. In order to fix this problem the entire passenger seat needs to be replaced and costs $1700. They are saying it is out of warranty, but this seems to a safety issue.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Feb 182015

Outlander Sport 4-cyl

I just had accident today 02/18/201. My car was badly damaged and a possible total loss. The first situation that made me concerned about is the airbag. The side airbag on the passengers side (front and back) did not deploy. The impact was enormous that if my child was there I don't know if she's still with me. I am concerned that this might happen to the other Mitsubishi Outlander sport owner. Airbag of Mitsubishi is so concerning. I would like to file a law suit against Mitsubishi for not being safe for the driver to drive....updated 03-11-15

- Hayward, CA, USA

Sep 012014

Outlander Sport 4-cyl

My airbag warning light came on.

- Middle Island, NY, USA

May 302012

Outlander Sport

I was driving in freeway 110 when the passenger side airbag loosened and hanged semi-open. I did not notice it until I got home and a friend of mine came with me to pick up my son in school. When she sat in the front passenger seat, she noticed it and pointed it out to me. I just got this vehicle a month ago brand new. I was lucky it did not deploy while I was in the freeway because if it did it could possibly cause me to have an accident. I feel that Mitsubishi should inspect their vehicles more before selling them.

- Signal Hill, CA, USA