3.0

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Owner Comments

Aug 182016

Outlander Sport

-electric lock button did not respond. -unlock button on key did not respond. -on pushing start button, console cycled through every warning available, in this order: 'close fuel cap lid', 'electrical system service required', 'brake system service required', 'acc service required', 'rbs service required', 'close hood', 'engine overheating stop safely', 'limited driving mode', 'asc system service required', '4WD system service required', 'ldw system service required 'ev system service required stop safely the power would not turn off until start\stop button was depressed for several seconds. Main driving lights came on radio, wipers too.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Jan 012015

Outlander Sport 4-cyl

When I started the car in park, and especially when I pushed the gas pedal, there was a noise in the engine that keep up while driving and when in park while the engine was running. The sound was like when a car has low oil in the steering wheel but I asked a neighbor and he says these cars don't use oil for the steering wheel that the noise was most likely the alternator. And it has being getting louder. I am afraid that the car may break down. Also in the first month of buying the car I noticed the front train seemed loose but I was told nothing was wrong. Is there any recall for this?. also I looked up the recalls for my model and year of car and of all the ones that show up I have received only one recall and it was for a torch in the seat belt for front passenger side I have not received any of the others. I want to make sure that I have not been passed up in these recalls since 2013 to this date Jan 2015 and that it be too late to request the repairs.

- Bayamon, PR, USA