2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Owner Comments

Jun 252016

Outlander Sport

My car hesitates to accelerate after slowing down or when I try to accelerate after stopping. Mycar will jump for one second or so, then totally fails to accelerate. The engine will stay queit for couple second even if I step on the gas as hard as I can. Then after several seconds, my RPM wil jump to around 5000rpm without any sign. There were several close calls for me in the past few month. When I just entered a roundabout, the issue occured and my car won't accelerate. I almost got rearened by other cars that were already in the roundabout. I got the recall notice months ago, and I went to the dealership to fix the problem. I was told there is a problem in the programming, and I should be all set after they updated my car's system. However, I have been experiencing the issue in past couple months. The problems happened when I tried to accelerate at low speed (20mph), after stopping at a stop sign, or driving into a roundabout. The issue is dangerous and can cause severe damage to the people on the car and other cars that are on the road at the same time. I am having immense presure whenever I stopped at a stop sign or when I try to turn into a road or roundabout. I strongly encourage NHTSA to take actions and ask the manufacturer to completely fix the problem!

- West Chesterfield, NH, USA

Mar 122016

Outlander Sport

I have noticed in the last 3 months vehicle hesitation, I will be stopped at a light and my car will jump forward. I've also been on the highway and have had it rev up and jump forward. I've taken it to the dealership probably about 6 times now and they always tell me there is nothing wrong and I must be imagining it. Seriously with all the other people experiencing the same thing I'm not imagining it. This is a 2015 shouldn't be having this issue.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Mar 232016

Outlander Sport

When trying to pull away from stop vehicle just stops engine still running it just wont go. Vehicle was taken in for the computer flash seemed to help but then started doing it again. This is dangerous can easily be rearended. It has happened when turning or straight but always after stopping then pulling away from stop. Bought vehicle with just over 2000 miles we suspect the prior owner had same problem.

- Springfield, MO, USA

Mar 222016

Outlander Sport

My 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander sport hesitates after coming to a stop and attempting to accelerate again. I'd have to push the gas again to go. A slight jerk feel. I bought it in June 2015 brand new and it's done this since August. I mostly drive highway so to feel this when ya coming into a town has me concerned. There is something definitely wrong with the transmission. It scares me sometimes. I was told my car might need to be realigned but all these cars with the same issue? please check on this!

- Converse, TX, USA

Jan 202015

Outlander Sport

The contact owns a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander sport. The contact stated the vehicle failed to accelerate from an idle position. When the vehicle resumed normal operation, it hesitated and jerked forward. The contact was taken to the dealer on two separate occasions. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 162.

- Scottsdale , AZ, USA

Dec 082014

Outlander Sport 4-cyl

Purchased vehicle brand new and have been experiencing jerking and hesitation during acceleration. When stopped at a light, vehicle doesn't move with when trying to accelerate and then suddenly jerks off. Took the vehicle back to two different Mitsubishi dealerships, including the one of purchase, and they are finding no codes or issues wrong.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA