2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Owner Comments

Aug 082016

Outlander Sport

My stepdaughter drove to work Monday (8/9/16) and could not remove her key, switch only went back to acc position. I arrived and looked it over, started motor, shifted into reverse, then back to park, cut off switch and turned all way to off position this time. Sounds like issue with ignition lock cylinder. It's a 2015 with less than 10K miles. She took it to dealer who basically accused her of spilling liquid down into shifter, however once they say condition of car knew this wasn't case. Told her they will repair it a week from yesterday. I am concerned because my 4 year old beautiful granddaughter rides in that car (her mother's) primarily. I'm going to dealership upon opening in morning because we need a loaner car for my stepdaughter to use until her outlander is fully equipped with the safety repair. She had only had car little over 3 months, it's least they will do. My stepdaughter is alot nicer than myself. I'm not having my stepdaughter or granddaughter in an unsafe vehicle. Will be demanding and receiving loaner car for her in the morning.

- Central, SC, USA

Jun 252016

Outlander Sport

My car hesitates to accelerate after slowing down or when I try to accelerate after stopping. Mycar will jump for one second or so, then totally fails to accelerate. The engine will stay queit for couple second even if I step on the gas as hard as I can. Then after several seconds, my RPM wil jump to around 5000rpm without any sign. There were several close calls for me in the past few month. When I just entered a roundabout, the issue occured and my car won't accelerate. I almost got rearened by other cars that were already in the roundabout. I got the recall notice months ago, and I went to the dealership to fix the problem. I was told there is a problem in the programming, and I should be all set after they updated my car's system. However, I have been experiencing the issue in past couple months. The problems happened when I tried to accelerate at low speed (20mph), after stopping at a stop sign, or driving into a roundabout. The issue is dangerous and can cause severe damage to the people on the car and other cars that are on the road at the same time. I am having immense presure whenever I stopped at a stop sign or when I try to turn into a road or roundabout. I strongly encourage NHTSA to take actions and ask the manufacturer to completely fix the problem!

- West Chesterfield, NH, USA

Jun 092016

Outlander Sport

While driving during acceleration after stopping or slowing down the vechile loses power and hesitates like it wants to stall or takes few minutes for RPM to kick in so we can get little speed and move car.. this happens intemittent and is nw back at the shop for the 3rd time but all they keep telling me is there is no code so they cant find anything. Very concern this is going to cause an accident as never know when it will happen. Told them to keep it and drive till happens again I dont want it back to corrected and should not have this problem for a 2015 with only 14000 miles!

- Ogdensburg, NY, USA

Mar 222016

Outlander Sport

My 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander sport hesitates after coming to a stop and attempting to accelerate again. I'd have to push the gas again to go. A slight jerk feel. I bought it in June 2015 brand new and it's done this since August. I mostly drive highway so to feel this when ya coming into a town has me concerned. There is something definitely wrong with the transmission. It scares me sometimes. I was told my car might need to be realigned but all these cars with the same issue? please check on this!

- Converse, TX, USA

Oct 152015

Outlander Sport

My son had schedule a driving test and was failed because the instructor stated the emergency brake was not working, I did explain to this person that the car is new. I tested my self and realize that it does not stop the car even when going on 5 mph. I took the car to the dealer and make the formal complaint, they send the car to be check and came to me staten that it was working perfect!! I refuse their explanation and finally they subgested to test other vehicle same as mine to what I agree to find out if works the same or not. To my surprise it did the same think... it didn't stop the vehicle and yes slowly reduce the speed...NJ dmv require for any vehicle to be use to take the test, for the emergency brake to stop the car completely and to my believe I do agree with them... what is the sense of having a emergency brake if it does not stop the car"?" please, emergency brakes are a life or dead situation. Thanks for your attention to this matter. I do have the receive the dealer gave me when check for the problem. I can fax to you if need it.

- North Plainfield, NJ, USA

Aug 032015

Outlander Sport

My father purchased his 2015 Outlander sport in April 2015 with a total of 3 miles on it. Starting approx the end of July/beginning of August, the vehicle would "stutter" and shake upon acceleration. He promptly took it to the dealership of purchase where they told him it was a loose transmission cable and fixed it. Approx 1 week after being fixed, it began to stutter and shake again, but this time sounded like loud bangs and like the cv joint was coming apart. He took it to a different dealership and was told that the previous transmission cable fix was unsuccessful and that it was fixed "correctly this time". over the last week, the car is acting up again - and is getting worse over time. He has taken it back to the dealership and they have done nothing. They let it sit for several days without looking at it and dad finally picked it up without anything being done to it. He was even in contact with the Mitsubishi manufacturer. The vehicle is now shuddering on an almost constant basis with no explanation or help from the dealer/manufacturer and he has almost been in several accidents due to this.

- Coburn, PA, USA

Jul 172015

Outlander Sport

The car stutters and jerks to accelerate when gas is pressed from a stopped position at traffic light. This has happened several times, called the dealer and they haven't heard of the issue. Have not had time to stop in. Seems like this is an ongoing problem, in fact, I believe one review from motor trend witnessed a similar issue "additionally, the cvt would stutter or hesitate when gently modulating the gas pedal when heavy freeway traffic required constant adjustment, a characteristic not noted during our tenure in the 2011 model on the same road trip or at any other times." I'm going to call the other dealer near me and ask.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA