2009 Mitsubishi Raider seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mitsubishi Raider:

2009 Mitsubishi Raider Owner Comments

Aug 072015

I received a safety recall notice for my 2009 Mitsubishi Raider. There is no longer a local Mitsubishi dealer in my area, the nearest dealer is over an hour and a half away. I called Mitsubishi motors to see if there was any way to authorize a local repair shop or dealership to make the repair. They refused to do so, and insisted that I drive to dealership in another state to have the repair made.this would take an entire day (1.5 hours to get there, 1-2 hours for the repair, 1.5 hours home = 5 hours). I can't afford to take a day off work and spend $50 on gas for a "free" repair. Mitsubishi customer service offered no alternative solutions. I am sure I am not the only person driving a Mitsubishi in augusta, ga and I am sure I am also not the only person who isn't going to drive all the way to columbia to have the repair made. If an airbag does go off and kills me or someone else, I guess Mitsubishi doesn't really care.

- Evans, GA, USA