2003 Nissan 350Z miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan 350Z:

2003 Nissan 350Z Owner Comments

Nov 082011

In 2005, I bought a 2003 Nissan 350Z. In early November of 2011, I started having these problems. The engine would die suddenly while driving, the check engine and tcs lights would come on, and the car would run very rough once it did decide to start. I took the car into a Nissan service center on 11/08/2011. The mileage according to the service invoice was 83,906. Along with the problems noted above, the service technician added diag P0340 and C1130 stored, loss of engine signal. Replaced camshaft and crankshaft sensors. My cost for the repair: $618.61. My car had not one, but every symptom of a recalled car. The camshaft and crankshaft sensor (very specific repairs) were needed to correct the problem; same as a recalled vehicle. After bringing this to Nissan's attention, I was contacted by a regional manager who stated my car was not on the recall list and she could not help me.I hope no other vehicles engines shut off while on the interstate.

- Bartlett, TN, USA

Jun 022008

350Z 6-cyl

After buying a 2003 350 Z Nissan, Nissan replaced the front tires twice due to bad alignment and tire wear and noise. Now, it appears, the same unusual war of the tires on the inside is back as is the deafening noise while driving. Why would an owner have to replace tires every 20,000 miles? this is a safety problem. I have just about stopped driving my car, parking it in the garage and taking the bus to work. I am afraid to drive on the interstate in fear of a blow out or accident. This car should be recalled. They admitted the alignment problem publicly on the internet, gave me 2 sets of front tires and now it has happened again. I called them today to repeat my concerns and they are referring my file to the regions specialist who "has the power to help me out". they did say there is no recall on my car or tires at this time which essentially means tough. I will let you know the outcome. There is a class action law suit from the law offices of howard a. gutman currently.

- Hermitage, TN, USA

Nov 152003

The suspension problem is reoccurring, and mis-diagnosed a. roar from front suspension under 40 mph. First attempted repair @ 7,279 miles. Changed brake pads and turned rotors. Attempt failed, roar remained. B. roar & pulls to the right at highway speed. Second attempted repair @ 7,720 miles. Changed right side compression rod. Pull to right corrected, roar remained. C. roar severe, visual damage{feathering} on inside edge of front tires. Third attempted repair @ 11,077 miles. Rotated front tires side to side, off rims {directional tires} also did four wheel alignment. Roars less, but still very noisy. At 12,000 miles noise increasing, new feathering now appearing on inside of front tires. This suspension problem not corrected

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA