2003 Nissan 350Z suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan 350Z:

2003 Nissan 350Z Owner Comments

Dec 282004

350Z 6-cyl

My 2003 350Z's tires were replaced by the dealer at 16,000 miles. I recognized the problem right before the recall. Now at 27,000 miles I have the same problem with the back tires/alignment. I've been told by the contracted tire dealer which my Nissan dealer sends it's work to that the problem is with the alignment on the 2003 model and the problem has since been corrected on the 2004 model. I'm told that to avoid the improper wear on the tires (cupping) that I should have the alignment checked every 3-6 months. I was told that other than the tire noise(which when noticeable means serious improper wear), another way to tell that this cupping is happening is to put the car up on the rack. Also, the car starts to have traction/handling problems. The problem cannot be seen in a visual check when the car is on the ground. I called the Nissan headquarters and filed a complaint, but was told there was nothing they could do. At 27,000 miles I got the rear aligned and had to purchase two new rear tires. There is so obviously a problem that Nissan is choosing to ignore.

- Vacaville, CA, USA