2003 Nissan 350Z wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan 350Z:

2003 Nissan 350Z Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jun 012003

350Z 6-cyl

The tires began to feather and wear unevenly within the first 5000 miles of owning the car. The tires began to cup. The car now has extremely loud road noise. It is loader than any normal sports car should be and is horrible to drive. It is very nerve racking. The tire wear could be dangerous and result in a flat or blow out. The tire wear is probably due to a suspension issue with the car. Nissan has service records issued. Nissan told the dealer to swap my two front wheels, but this did nothing.

- Seven Fields, PA, USA

Mar 192004

350Z 6-cyl

At 8,000 miles my font tires are worn due to the factory setting the toe-in to aggressively. Nissan dealer will not do anything since the car is just over 12 months old. So now I have to pay for new tires and wait for the next 8,000 miles until I have to buy new tires again. I love the Z but Nissan should know they just lost a customer here.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Feb 282004

350Z 6-cyl

Front tires (Bridgestone) are extremely feathered on the inside of tire causing road noise, drifting to the right and a dangerous driving condition. This started around 8,000 miles.

- West Bend, WI, USA

Jan 282004

350Z

2003 Nissan 350Z tire feathering and excessive wear. My 2003 350Z has 6,000 miles on the odometer and my front tires have experienced excessive wear on the innner edge due to factory alignment/weighting specifications.. a tsb was performed to fix this problem temporarily by switching the tires. My primary complaint is that the traction on the outer edge of my tires are gone. I have concerns going into corners, even at the recommended speed limit. Nissan has yet to create a permanent fix for this issue. This problem, I know, has impacted many 2003 350Z owners. There is no reason one should have to worry about a new or at least relatively new car when taking turns at the recommended speed limit. Nissan needs to fix this issue immediately. Thank you!

- Newark , DE, USA

Nov 012003

350Z

Premature buckling on two front Bridgestone potentza tires on my Nissan 350Z. The manufacturere of the car deflects responsibility to the tire manufacturer and the tire manufacturer fails to prorate or warrant the tires.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Nov 202003

350Z 6-cyl

I recently (9-13-03) purchase a 2003 Nissan 350Z track edition with 2500 miles. I purchased it at dobbs Nissan in memphis, tn 38115. In purchasing the vehicle I notice a little road noise that I though was normal coming from a car with 18" wheels. It did not appear to be a problem at first. After my first service visit at dobbs Nissan I notice the noise getting louder, I address this problem with tj (service advisor at jim keras Nissan 2110 covington pike, memphis, tn 38128) along with a list of other problems. Tj diagnose the noise and suggested that I rotate the tires, he also indicated that the tires are scheduled to be rotated at or around 5,000 miles. My response was that the car was making the noise when I first purchase the vehicle and that it progressivly got worse. After coming to a dead end at jim keras Nissan about replacing the tires under warranty I pursued to contacting Nissan usa refering to the entire service ticket, but specifically the tires. I was refered to Firestone in which refered me to a local dealer (Firestone 4035 austin-peay hwy, memphis, tn 38128). I was scheduled to bring my car in that evening. I meet with jesse ( store manager), he evaluated all four tires and inform me that the front tires were not defective but had uneven wear, possibly due to misalingment or worn suspension components. Jesse also inform me that he didn't think it was the tires but, he was willing to absord 50% of the cost of replacing the tires per Firestone's approval. He made a call to Nissan usa (rep. Alex morgan) to get them to ok the other 50%. Nissan declined that resolution. They (Nissan usa & Firestone) are using the consumer to slove issues that should be handled by their companies. I was given the run-around from both Nissan and Firestone. Giving the nature of all complaints, I wonder when will Nissan accept the responsibility of repairing or replacing whats wrong? I hope not when someone is hurt or killed!

- Memphis, TN, USA

Dec 012003

350Z

Tire feathering and accelerated wear on inside of front tires. This wear pattern first was noticed at around 3K miles, and by 5500 miles the problem was bad. By 7K miles, the tires are nearly unusable. Four issues with this: 1. some very slight vibration when the problem gets bad 2. terrible noise from the tires 3. safety issue due to extreme abnormal wear pattern, could get bad enough to cause a blowout 4. ridiculous operating expense will be incurred when tires have to be replaced every 5K to 7K miles Nissan does not appear to have a fix for this, and simply keeps replacing tires. Currently the oem tires are not available, and dealer says they will not do anything.

- Staunton, VA, USA

Nov 232003

350Z 6-cyl

350Z tire feathering and cupping. Severe feathering due to improper factory alignment specs on early model 350zs. Noticed at 8,000 miles and got progressively worse. They say there is a tsb to cross swap tires, but this leaves the original tires with feathering on the car. A safety issue to me whether Nissan will own up to it or not. After this is solved cupping will occur due to the camber and caster being unadjustable. The only know 100% fix to this is a nismo S-tune suspension or possible to replace front suspension with later model suspension systems. Why would Nissan not fix this problem? they say it isn't big enough or its not a safety issue. Is it going to take death to fix this problem like adding stop lights to an intersection. "we will only recall if 3 people die first" is what Nissan should be saying! very unhappy consumer and will never by a Nissan again! -VIN

- Germantown, MD, USA

Oct 042003

350Z 6-cyl

2003 Nissan 350 Z tires are wearing out bad, cupping and going bald.

- Debary, FL, USA

Nov 012003

350Z 6-cyl

My front tires on my 2003 Nissan 350Z are feathering after only 6,000 miles causing a very load roar in the vehicle cabinet below 30 mph. Nissan is only offering to rotate front tires which results in the tires rotating in the opposite direction as the tire manufacturer specifies. Many others with this same problem have had no success with Nissan providing a solution to this. I consider the vehicle safety to be seriously compromised as the tires are not performing properly.

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

Nov 132003

350Z

Tires have started feathering at 4000 miles. Right suspension repaired once and vehicle is pulling to the right again and tire feathering is getting worse.

- Whitewater, MO, USA

Feb 012003

350Z

My front tires have been cupped and or feathered on the inside. It makes a very load roaring noise when coming to a stop. I don't feel safe about my car due to its handling. The tire wear is very uneven.

- Westlake Village, CA, USA

Nov 042003

350Z

Various things gone wrong with this car: -rack and pinion / steering pump failed at 4000 miles. Car refused to steer when at idle. Very dangerous. Replaced under warranty after 2 weeks. -two transmission replacements. Second transmission replacement requires new flywheel, clutch disc, and pressure plate. Both under warranty. -uneven tire wear. Dealer told me that I'm a "young speed racer" and that I need to "slow down". denied my appeal for new tires, I bought new, wider rims and tires, alignment, and problem went away. Tire sizes are 245/40/18 and 275/40/18. Bridgestone potenza S03. No feathering after 11000 miles. Unfortunately, this car is not very safe... and Nissan service / customer service is very uncourteous and rude in their approach to the situation at hand.

- Flushing, NY, USA

Sep 012003

350Z 6-cyl

Nissan 350Z-2003 with 7,500 miles. Experiencing tire feathering/cupping on front tires due to vehicle alignment being improperly set at factory. Excessive tire roar and shake.

- Barre, VT, USA

Nov 062003

350Z 6-cyl

Nissan 350 Z owners have a severe problem with the suspension of there new car. Nissan is not repairing this problem. They have addressed the issue with a tsb. This repair is just enough to get the owners passed there 12,500 mile warranty. The problem is that there is no adjustment for caster or camber on the 350Z. The cars left the factory with an alignment problem, and there is really no repair available. This has left all 350Z owners, replacing tires almost every 6 months.

- Kannapolis, NC, USA

Jun 102003

350Z 6-cyl

I have owned a 2003 issan 350Z for almost 1 year and in that time I have had several problems with the car that Nissan denied until pressed. The tire feathering problem is well known but had been denied knowledge of the problem when speaking to Nissan. The radio in the car is also a well known problem which they also denied any knowledge of. They replaced the front tires but mamy people have stated this problem will return. I deserve a guarantee that if this problem persists that Nissan will replace the tires as needed.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Aug 132003

350Z 6-cyl

Tire feathering on my 2003 350Z after 10,000 miles. Brought in to be fixed by dealership at 13,000 miles. Still have problem and trying to get 2 new front tires with little luck at 18,000 miles. Inside of tires are feathering again and I'm think this will cause a major loss of traction, especially in rainy conditions.

- White House, TN, USA

Oct 232003

350Z 6-cyl

I have a 2003 Nissan 350Z that has exhibited abnormal tire wear on the front tires. The symptoms include cupping/feathering on the inside of the tread and increased road noise/roar. The noise appeared at 5,000 miles on the odometer and worsened. I took my car to star Nissan in niles, il, and they told me they were ill-equipped to perform Nissan tsb #ntb03-006 (tire road noise when braking). I called Nissan Consumer Affairs and informed them of the problem and I will try another local dealer. When I asked if tires would be replaced if the tsb did not solve the abnormal wear, the Nissan representative told me that I'd have to call them back if the problem persists.

- Skokie, IL, USA

Sep 112003

350Z 6-cyl

Front tire wear, due to bad design, seems non correctable.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Jun 012003

350Z 6-cyl

Tire feathering issue. Tires wearing unevenly. Pulling to the right. Tire roar.

- Orlando, FL, USA