2003 Nissan 350Z wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan 350Z:

2003 Nissan 350Z Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jun 172007

350Z

The 3rd gear was grinding then second started to grind too therefore I had the transmission rebuilt at my expense and other transmission problems persist and also have the tire feathering/tire growl issue which I've took the car varies times to the alignment shop.

- Mount Vernon, NY, USA

Apr 082008

350Z 6-cyl

Action Nissan in nashville, tn has replaced damaged front tires at least twice, and I have now replaced damaged front tires at my own expense. The effect of Nissan's alignment/suspension problem is not isolated to tire damage. Action Nissan attempted to correct my vehicles¿ alignment/suspension issues, but my car continued to experience issues related to abnormal tire wear and a pull to the right. Nissan did not offer a permanent solution for the alignment/suspension problems of my automobile, and I continued to experience damage to my front tires and misalignment/suspension effects. To protect any new tires on my vehicle, and to permanently correct Nissan's manufacturer defect on my vehicle, I had repairs performed with 3rd party parts, an eibach front alignment kit. The original configuration of the front factory 350Z does not allow for such adjustments, and the eibach kit allows for common front alignment adjustments that can easily compensate for the alignment/suspension problems. The installed parts, along with new tires, balancing, and alignment/suspension has total cost of $1087.04. I am including documentation of all itemized costs below: Tires¿¿¿¿¿. $288 front align kit¿ $394.87 parts total¿¿... $682.87 2X tire mount¿. $10 2X tire balance... $30 align kit install.. $270 front alignment.. $59.95 subtotal¿¿¿¿ $369.95 labor tax@9.25% $34.22 labor total¿¿. $404.17 grand total¿¿. $1,087.04 the proposed Nissan class action settlement covers only a fraction of the costs to permanently correct the alignment/suspension problem experienced by countless Nissan 350Z owners. My objection is that Nissan should offer a permanent solution to correct the manufacturer defect in the alignment/suspension of 2003/2004 350zs, which causes tire damage and other misalignment/suspension side-effects resulting from the inability to properly align select 350Z vehicles. I duly swear to all facts presented in this document.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Oct 022005

350Z 6-cyl

I bought the car used in 5/05 with 15,000 miles. Tires appeared new when purchased. Car is only driven in the winter, I had the "roaring" noise and vehicle shaking effect roughly 5 months later. I brought the car to the dealer and told them about the issue. Their solution was to replace the front brakes and rotors for almost $400. I did not notice the problem again until a relative drove the car in the spring of 06 and thought I was crazy because I was apparently ignoring the roar and shake of the vehicle when traveling at speed under 40 mph. I replaced the rear tires at the suggestion of my local garage for over $500 yet the problem persisted. I now have to replace the front tires for another $500 or so and the car only has 32000 miles. I have read the numerous (hundreds) complaints written about this problem and this is just ridiculous. Why should Nissan's shoddy engineering be my responsibility to fix? go to www.nissantireproblems.com and register for the class action suit......

- Dracut, MA, USA

Jan 102004

350Z 6-cyl

I was driving the car in a rainy stormy night North bound hwy 101 on January 10th 2004 when my 2003 Nissan 350Z stopped with a huge clunk in the motor compartment and came to a rolling stop to the side of the road where there was not much shoulder space and poor visibilty that night!apparently this vehicle has been burning oil 1qt pr thousand miles! I didnt know this from getting regular oil changes at aroung the 3K marker! kept getting oil consumption test but no corrective action was taken by manufacturer until I went to the BBB! then Nissan was forced to replace motor, clutch, tires which ive been having issues long before this ever occured along with the window motors in which the windows kept giving out also! my vehicle broke down again some 1000 miles after the new motor! my car kept stalling at a stop light! I had the vehicle taken to the Nissan dealer where I almost had to fight with the sevice rep to get it taken care of under warranty! about 3K miles after the new motor was replaced and installed I had the vehicle taken to get an oil change and the car was almost 3qts low again! yes the car still keeps burning oil!Nissan did not want to do anything about it! I kept calling Consumer Affairs whom kept passing my file around to one rep and another. I finally broke down 3-4 thousand miles later and have been for over a month with a vehicle that does not run and no assurance from the dealer who fixed my motor less than 7K miles ago. This car has been giving me problems since the first few months ive had it.

- Santa Rosa, CA, USA

Jul 192005

350Z 6-cyl

Consumer owned a Nissan 350Z track version 2003. He took vehicle to dealer for recall repair about a year ago. Consumer stated it was a recall, however, could not find recall on NHTSA web site. Ntb03-046 was the number identifying the recall that consumer had. Repair work was done on 6-11-04. Then, on July 19, 2005 consumer took vehicle to gardena Nissan in California, and they told him that the problem involved front tires wearing out on the inside during repair work they replaced the right front compression rod. Consumer contacted Nissan, and they told him that after recall and warranty repair work was only good for 10,000 miles. Consumer believed that recall repairs did not fix problem, per gardena Nissan. Six months after consumer bought vehicle when shifting up or down at any speed periodically it will not go into gear. Nissan was aware of the situation, and they did not want to do anything about it.

- Williams Port, MD, USA

Jul 012004

350Z 6-cyl

Nissan 2003 350Z - tire cupping, roaring and vibration. Nissan issued a bullitan to replace the original Bridgestone front tires and complete an alignment with 7000M due to a factory suspension/alignment problem. The Bridgestone replacement tires have 9000M and the problem is reoccuring - tire cupping, roaring and vibration. The car is unstable on curves and braking. Nissan will not replace the front tires a second time and refuses to acknowledge there is a factory defect with the suspension. This defect is noted to have been corrected on the 2004 350Z. Nissan dealership is recommending a full tire replacement without any compensation on their part or correction to the suspension problem to see if the four tire replacement will correct the problem. (why would this correct the problem when the problem occured at 7000 tire mileage and again at 9000 tire mileage) I am pursuing every avenue to an equitable resolution to this Nissan factory defect. Preferring a permanent fix..

- Avon Lake, OH, USA

Mar 152004

350Z 6-cyl

Front tires are wearing excessively on the inside. The car is very hard to drive as it pulls to the right once the tires start to wear. I feel this is a safety issue. It rains almost daily, and the car is even worse on slippery roads. I have already replaced front tires twice and rear tires once. I have also had to replace the breaks twice. The brakes still squeal and squeak but the dealer says the brakes are fine. Once it was aligned the squeaking stopped for a few days, then started again.

- Jacksonville, FM, USA

Aug 012004

350Z

Severe tire feathering. Two sets of front tires in under 12,000 miles. Service by dealer did not solve problem.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Feb 242005

350Z 6-cyl

I own a 2003 350Z. I got a flat tire on my car yesterday. I took it in to be repaired. When they jacked it up they noticed that all four of my tires are bald on the inside. They told me that my car has been recalled. They said they have had many 350Z's come in with the same problem I am having. They also stated that they are able to fix the problem. So that's when I looked it up on your website but didn't see it anywhere. I have talked to many other tires places as well and they said they have had many people come in with the same problem. Have you heard this complaint from anyone else?

- Canoga Park, CA, USA

Jan 102005

350Z

Tires are feathering badly. Dealership service center tried fixing it. Nissan tried avoiding recall on it, but told service centers to change tires at no cost. Ridiculous and unsafe. Was told to be an alignment problem. Everyone except the company seems to notice. 2003 350Z. Nissan made its warranty on the tires to 24,000 and our service is till about 36000 miles. They are just waiting it out until it becomes the peoples problem. Is anybody listening?

- Park Ridge, NJ, USA

Dec 282004

350Z 6-cyl

My 2003 350Z's tires were replaced by the dealer at 16,000 miles. I recognized the problem right before the recall. Now at 27,000 miles I have the same problem with the back tires/alignment. I've been told by the contracted tire dealer which my Nissan dealer sends it's work to that the problem is with the alignment on the 2003 model and the problem has since been corrected on the 2004 model. I'm told that to avoid the improper wear on the tires (cupping) that I should have the alignment checked every 3-6 months. I was told that other than the tire noise(which when noticeable means serious improper wear), another way to tell that this cupping is happening is to put the car up on the rack. Also, the car starts to have traction/handling problems. The problem cannot be seen in a visual check when the car is on the ground. I called the Nissan headquarters and filed a complaint, but was told there was nothing they could do. At 27,000 miles I got the rear aligned and had to purchase two new rear tires. There is so obviously a problem that Nissan is choosing to ignore.

- Vacaville, CA, USA

Dec 282004

350Z 6-cyl

Jan 03 the brakes would squeal loudly when braking in cold weather. The two front tires continually lost air and needed to be refilled every 3-4 weeks. Upon dealer inspection, nothing was found wrong. Upon recall notice of the growling of the tires (around April 04) the vehicle was brought into the dealership and the two front tires were replaced. The vehicle had to be brought back twice due to the alignment being done incorrectly (steering wheel was crooked and slip & vdc off lights were illuminated).since the tire replacement, the two new front tires still lose air and need to be filled up every 2-3 weeks now. The tires occasionally squeal loudly when braking. Dec 04 the dashboard was lit up with the following warning lights:1. brakes 2. vdc off 3. slip upon towing the vehicle into Nissan (because the front passenger tire went mysteriously flat again), Nissan dealer has advised that the front brake pads are worn through to less than 10% and need to be replaced. They also reported the front tires had no holes and the tire beading was fine. They suggested the tires go low and the warning indicator sounds because it is a sensitive car. It is my personal theory that the vehicle has a design flaw within the suspension and the vehicle is also placing too much weight and pressure on the front tires which has caused: 1. growling 2. front tires to lose air 3. brakes to wear unreasonably fast 4. squealing when braking. The dealer has not been satisfactory in their responses or suggestions. The vehicle is in the dealer now; I requested they give me the worn brake pads when I pick up the car.

- Naperville, IL, USA

Jul 022004

350Z 6-cyl

I own a 2003 Nissan 350Z my two front tires have been on order since 7-2-04 its a recall I haven't heard anything from Nissan as of yet.

- Valley Stream, NY, USA

Jun 222004

350Z

Complaint received via E-mail."I have so many problems with my car. The tires wore out within 7 months. I took to the dealer to get it fixed. I ended up replacing two tires. That was in June. September I experienced the same problem. Less than a year, my car has had 5 alignments and two sets of tires. I contacted the Nissan consumer affair specialist, no one wanted to take care of the problems. The car is believed to have a manufactured defect. The dealership has informed me that lots of problems with this model car has been reported. I can not drive my car anymore because I am scared the tires might blow up.

- Lexington, TN, USA

Sep 062003

350Z 6-cyl

Experiencing an unresolved tire wear problem with 2003 350Z that I purchase new in February 2003. The front tires have been replaced and alignment performed twice on the vehicle. When the tires are examined, they have an irregular wear pattern on the outside edges of the tread. Although Nissan has issued tsb ntb04-043 on 4/12/2004 and extended the original warranty to two year / 30K miles, I do not believe there is a long term solution that will result in front tires lasting significantly longer than the current unacceptable 10K to 12K miles. I view this issue as reducing the serviceability / reliability of my 350Z and it may also pose a safety concern if the problem remains unresolved.

- Cary, NC, USA

Apr 162004

350Z

The inside of both front tires wore out. Dealership repaired the problem twice, but did not resolve the problem.

- South Carver, MA, USA

Feb 142004

350Z 6-cyl

Nissan refuses to let customers know of the tire feathering problem on the 2003-2004 Nissan 350Z. This is getting out of hand.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Nov 152003

350Z

The suspension problem is reoccurring, and mis-diagnosed a. roar from front suspension under 40 mph. First attempted repair @ 7,279 miles. Changed brake pads and turned rotors. Attempt failed, roar remained. B. roar & pulls to the right at highway speed. Second attempted repair @ 7,720 miles. Changed right side compression rod. Pull to right corrected, roar remained. C. roar severe, visual damage{feathering} on inside edge of front tires. Third attempted repair @ 11,077 miles. Rotated front tires side to side, off rims {directional tires} also did four wheel alignment. Roars less, but still very noisy. At 12,000 miles noise increasing, new feathering now appearing on inside of front tires. This suspension problem not corrected

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Oct 152003

350Z

Tire feathering, on front end seems to be non-correctable resulting in repetitive premature replacement of tires. I was told by service mgn. That caster adjustment is at full, and can not correct for the towin causing the tire wear.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 022004

350Z

Nissan 350Z. Lost control of car just changing lanes at 45 mph. Car spun sideway and when I tried to recover, steering was almost impossible as tires seemed to be just gliding wherever they wanted to go. I am just now connecting this incident to the just became aware of tire and front end problem that Nissan seems to be having with this vehicle. I only wish somebody had told me my front end was not aligned and tracking correctly and that my tires were worn away on the inner edges. The failure to notify me placed me in a circumstance that allowed me to think the vehicle I was driving was safe and would respond when I needed it to. My initial thinking of a slick road, which really wasn't present, is now apparent to me to be a front end which can wander and cause abrupt alterations in tracking due to tire wear and improper alignment. Fortunately, the only bruised item was the car. I hope it doesn't lead to a human. The consumers vehicle failed the Massachusetts safety inspection because of bad tires.

- Saugus, MA, USA