7.7

2004 Nissan 350Z wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan 350Z:

2004 Nissan 350Z Owner Comments

Mar 272006

350Z 6-cyl

I own a Nissan 350Z 2004 roadster touring edition and the tires on the front have been replaced at 16,000+ because the inside tread became extremely worn. While in the dealership they told me about an alignment problem that Nissan was reviewing. They claimed to have fixed the alignment problem, free of charge, but I had to replace the tires. I'm now at 31,115 and the same problem has occurred again. The front and back tires look new from the outside, but on the inside tread the tires were showing severe signs of wear. I believe there is a serious alignment issue...if I would not have fish tail my car I might not have had the car looked at. A potential accident waiting to happen with this car.

- Katy, TX, USA

Apr 052005

350Z 6-cyl

2004 Nissan 350Z tires in front on inside cupping. Dealer told me they will not do anything to fix, wants me to buy new tires. I have contacted everyone at Nissan with no help. Plan to park car at dealer with sign "don't but a Nissan ask me why" with my mane and phone number.

- Spotsylvania, VA, USA

Jan 012005

350Z 6-cyl

Front tire wear: Consumer states the front tires wore out at 6500 the first time. Currently, the vehicle has 8000 miles on it, and the tires have worn out again. Also, consumer stated that she heard a searing noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. Consumer contacted the dealer. However, they refused to do anything to assist the consumer. Brand name tires Bridgestone.

- Calumet Park, IL, USA

Jul 122004

350Z

The two front tires wore out unevenly, the tires have been replaced twice, and the front end aligned twice. Dealer did not know why the vehicle performed as such. However, the tires continued to wear out unevenly.

- Glen Allen, VA, USA

Oct 012004

350Z 6-cyl

I currently own a 2004 Nissan 350Z and I'm experiencing a problem with severe front tire feathering. I have made Nissan aware of this problem which cause a loud roaring noise and vibration during braking. I originally thought the problem was my brakes but after just 10K000 miles replaced the front brakes and realized this did not fix the problem. After my second time to the dealership I was informed that my front tires were no longer good and need to be replaced at just under 14000 miles. I was told that this was a design flaw with the tires and possibly a toeing problem with the Nissan 350Z's. I registered a complaint to Nissan at 1800-Nissan-1 and it doesn't seem as though they will resolve this problem. This problem also occured with 2003 350Z's.

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA

Oct 202004

350Z 6-cyl

First noticed by vehicle owner at approximately 10000 miles, dealer confirmed at 12000 miles, my 2004 Nissan 350Z touring model has developed abnormal wear of inner edges of front tires--front tires forming a cupping shape. The result of this abnormal wear has created unstable handling and ride, but most importantly a safety concern with regard to tire performance and handling. Nissan has issued a service advisory bulletin acknowledging this very problem for the 2003 350Z mode, but not for the 2004 model. Nissan has indicated that the suspension is the primary problem for causing the abnormal tire wear and has authorized a partial fix to the problem. Nissan refuses to acknowledge this problem with the 2004 model--request investigation for safety concerns and consumer protection.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jul 212004

350Z 6-cyl

Front tires emit a loud "roar" type noise, inside tread of tires have unusual wear.

- Orange Park, FL, USA