2006 Nissan 350Z fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Nissan 350Z:

2006 Nissan 350Z Owner Comments

May 112015

On May 8th brought my car to the local colonial Nissan of medford, MA and they diagnosed the car with a fuel issue, which did cost me $1,200 the next day they called me to bring the car back as they had forgotten to tighten up a few things. Went back and left the car there for a few hours. The next day May 11th, the check engine light turned on and had to bring the car back to the dealer. I was informed that the transmission has failed due to a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure. When that coolant mixes with transmission fluid it creates a toxic hell stew that destroys the transmission. Given the October 2012 class-action lawsuit, Nissan is asking that I pay $3,000 to fix the transmission. I did also pay for another part, which did cost another $250. So within a week I paid $4,450 to fix my car, while I was never notified of this issue by Nissan and I am the first owner of this car.

- Arlington, MA, USA