3.5

2010 Nissan 370Z steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Nissan 370Z:

2010 Nissan 370Z Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 242013

370Z

Steering lock relay failed and caused wheel to remain locked (car will not start). Cost over $1,000 after labor and tow. Widely documented issue on many websites and car forums (the370Z.com). Also, issue has been addressed by Nissan for the GT-R and even removed this steering lock from newer 2011 models, and all 2012 and 2013. They need to recall this part with an updated part or remove it completely and reimburse those affected!

- Corona, NY, USA

Jan 062013

370Z 6-cyl

Electronic steering lock failed causing the computer to not start my car. Stranding me with a car that wouldn't start.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Dec 272012

370Z

Parked vehicle in parking spot and shut off engine. Yellow key light turned on and steering wheel locked. Vehicle would not turn on. Steering wheel lock failure on Nissan 370Z nismo- year 2010. Part malfunction 48700-jf00B. Problem part on 2009 and early 2010 models.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 192012

370Z 6-cyl

First problem-excesive oil leak coming from U joint drive shaft, after 3/4 complaints, I took pictures and the they were forced to replace the drive shaft. Second problem -vehicle won't start at times and if starts- cranks, check engine light came on several times. After 6/7 refusals that a problem exist, the dealer attempted to resolve the issue and finally replace the steering lock that according to them prevent starting the car. Sometimes when I am on the fwy I have the feeling that the engine is about to turn off. Currently the car is at the dealer for the same issue and again they refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem. Finally, when I went to take the car out of the dealer as soon as I closed my door from outside, the driver window rolled down and I was forced to leave the car at the dealer for one more day. Today they were asking me to pay about $500 for the window even though when I left the car with them, the window was working properly. I think that Nissan is well aware of the faulty locks, the oil leaks from the drive shaft and the power window problems, however they simply refuse to face the reality. Dealing with Nissan Corp. And the glendale Nissan dealer, it is an endless nightmare.......

- Glendale, CA, USA

Oct 302012

370Z 6-cyl

Known issue on some 370zs, Nissan gtrs and Altima. When steering lock fails car will not not start, without lock release push button start is rendered useless. Nissan is aware of the issue but chose not to correct it.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Feb 012012

370Z

Steering lock mechanism fails, car will not start. Impossible to tow out or push out if inside narrow garage, or garage that requires maneuvering because steering column is locked. The same unit has been recalled for Nissan gtr - must be recalled for 370Z, as well. Has very dangerous potential to leave someone stranded.

- Rego Park, NY, USA

Feb 242012

370Z 6-cyl

Nissan listen up ------------------------------ this is a known issue with the Nissan steering lock mechanism as others have reported. My car was stranded in the middle of nowhere. Could not start the car, the manual key was not help. Car would not start. I tried to order the part, steering lock version 'd', but it's backordered and Nissan usa is not selling this part to consumers according to northern Virginia Nissan dealers. My only resource was it get it towed and pay $1450 for part + labor from the dealer directly. This is definitely not right. My car has 5000 miles on it. And the steering lock failure (version a, B, C) has happened to many owners who have keyless ignition on Nissan on the gtr model, and the part was recalled. Yet for 370Z owners, no action. Definitely my last Nissan...

- Alexandria, VA, USA