5.3

2013 Nissan 370Z engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Nissan 370Z:

2013 Nissan 370Z Owner Comments

Apr 092016

370Z

Last Saturday, took the cover off and was going to the car wash to shine her up real good. On the way after stopping at a light I pulled off then went to 2nd gear, then to third and that when it happened. The clutch went to the floor and did not come back up. IżM going down the street not knowing what to do next because there is a stop sign but IżM afraid to stop because I donżT know what will happen, a very dangerous situation. Fortunately there were no other cars at the stop sign so I turned on my emergency flashers and continued through, IżM sure the people behind me thought I was crazy and IżM very happy there were no police around. I made a left on the emptiest street I could find and pulled over and called my son to pick me up and help me push the car out of the street. Now mind you I never raced or drove the car hard at all and within the 10 or so months Iżve owed it only put 5000 miles on it. It's hard for me to believe that Nissan would put such a dangerous car, let alone a sports car on the road, I just kept thinking what if I was on the highway, and I could have been killed! I had to have the car towed to Nissan of mckinney were they add insult to injury telling me my Z with only 18000 miles on it was out of warranty and it would cost me over $1000 to repair. Of course I did some research on www.the370Z.com and other websites, found out this is a common issue with the manual transmission which aftermarket parts can fix but Nissan refuses to, are you guys waiting on someone to be killed before you take action, this is a very serious issue and customers should be made aware and certainly shouldnżT have to pay over $1000 to repair it with only 18000 miles!

- Allen, TX, USA