2002 Nissan Almera engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Almera:

2002 Nissan Almera Owner Comments

Feb 082009

Almera

My Nissan Almera doesn't like the cold, if it starts, Where with most cars you can just pull away. I have to let it warm up for about 5 minutes first, but it is sluggish. When I pull away, it stalls, then it wont start again, and there is a smell of petrol in the car. I have been told its a fuel problem or the sensors are not working properly. I have had the spark plugs changed, and it has been noticed that they are sitting in about an inch of petrol, so the car is flooding itself. . This has happened 4 times now, its unreliable and I cant go anywhere in case I cant get back, which is what has happened, My car is now 120 miles away from me.

Also when sitting at lights or a junction, the rev's are quite low and I have to put my foot on the accelerator to stop it conking out

Has anybody got an idea of what is wrong with it, and is it expensive to repair. The car is on finance so I can't sell it.

I have only had it for a year.

- , Stevenage, Herts, England