1995 Nissan Altima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Nissan Altima:

1995 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Mar 012010

Altima 2.4L

The first time I noticed this problem was when i started my car, it started but ran shity like it was missing or something. It was about 20 degrees Farenheit outside. I let it warm up and then it ran fine. i drove it for a while and then shut the car off. when i went to start it about two hours later it just wouldn't start. I checked to see if the fuel was coming --> it was. then i check to see if there was any voltage going to the spark plugs --> there was nothing. I checked it to the coil and there was something. I can't remember the number but it was a good amount.

I followed the repair manuals instructions to dianose the electrical system. finally i got to checking the ECU. the book said when i turn the key to the on position the check engine light should come on along with all the others --> it didn't. I am wondering if i should replace the ECU in my car or not. i called someone today about it and they said i should check all my grounds because the computers usually don't go bad. I don't really know where to go from here....

- , Wheelock, VT, USA