6.0

$1,500.00

1999 Nissan Altima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Nissan Altima:

1999 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Feb 142012

Altima EX

I owned two Nissan cars, Maxima and Altima, both purchased brand new in 1997 and 1999. Altima was not much used since it was purchased for my daughter and she lived in college out of State. Surprisingly, Nissan Maxima had mileage indicator stopped working for a while and car used to stop while driving. So, got rid of that. Now, my son started using Altima and it has same problems. Gas and mileage indicators don't work and E-Vac system, exhaust system don't work and I was given $1500.00 estimate to fix it by a mechanic. The dealer quoted me $2200 to fix it.

I think, knowing from the history of both cars, it is a manufacturer's design defect. Otherwise, why both cars after few years have exactly the same problems, at after 65,000 miles.

If you experienced the same problem, can you also post so that I know, if to contact manufacturer?

- , Irvine, CA, USA