1999 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Nissan Altima:

1999 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jan 102010

Altima GXE

My car started misfiring at first. It got worse and worse. It sounds like my car is trying to catch its breath. It was very frustrating I was told it was spark plugs & distributor needs tune up, changed all plugs battery and everything else that is listed on this site. I just wish I to would have checked online first. I would have saved a lot of time and and money. I hate car problems! Out of all the cars I've had this has been the hardest problem to figure out. I am a single mom, with my job being 20 miles away from home I really depend on this car. Turning it in tomorrow to get it fixed will be car-less for 3 days. I hope replacing the intake manifold gasket will fix the problem! Fingers crossed.

- , El Dorado Hills, CA, USA

Sep 012010

Altima XE 2.4L 4 cyl

The problem is the car shakes when driving slow 1500-2000rpm. Mr tire tried to get me for $3000 and I did the work myself and the problem still happens. heard it might be my harmonic balancer.?.... I noticed a bad motor mount on front passenger top mount. gonna fix . I hope it solves this crap...

- , Balto, MD, USA