7.5

1. replace cheap gasket (3 reports)
2000 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Nissan Altima:

2000 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Feb 112013

Altima GLE

i went back and forth to autozone for the check engine light ,spent almost $500 in changing sensors (egr valve )knock sensor ,crankshaft sensor ,spark plugs ,wires and now went to a mechanic who confirmed he recently fixed the same car for the exact same reason ;another $400 will go off my pocket .

i need to know if i can save this last 400 i am ready to spend and have the dealer fix it ,standard warranty or not ,even not under any warranty.

- , Cranston, RI, USA

Apr 152013

Altima LX V4

Sick of reading about this kind of problem where it occurs all too often and Nissan doesn't recall the product. Cost me more money than I wanted to spend, but the private seller split the cost down the middle with me because he thought it was unfair I pay the total cost. Saved me some money, so I'm thankful there.

- , North Collins, NY, USA

Sep 162009

Altima SE 2.4L

Around 73,000 or more miles, car started to run rough. Engine light stayed on for a day or 2, and then went out. This happened over and over again. Had a code check done @ Advance Auto. They kept telling me there was a misfire in the 4th cylinder. I purchased a fuel injector online for $38 plus tax and replaced the supposedly bad injector. Problem continued.Changed spark plugs, wires, and rotor cap & plug. Problem continued. Took to Randy Hall mechanic shop. He charged me $56 to do tests & a leak test. Advised me, that my intake manifold gasket was leaking. I asked him how much to replace. He said it would run about $600 & he didn't like to tieup his mechanics like that on 1 job. Luckily, I asked around on my job. And a friend of mine told me he would do it for $175-$225. It took he and his friend 10hrs. to replace it. So I paid him the $225. Now I have 154,000 miles on my altima. And i'm having the same problem again. May have to try fixing it myself. A recall on this problem would be great NISSAN!

- , SPENCER, NC, USA

Sep 092010

Altima GX 4

My son owns a 2000 Nissan Altima with the possibility that the intake manifold gasket needs to be replaced. Appears to be a design defect.

I checked the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website for complaints that may have been filed with regard to this defect. No complaints on file.

The proper way to file a complaint is to go to the website and click on "Defects Investigations". Maybe if you all file a complaint, this will get the attention of NHTSA and you may see results from Nissan.

- , Melbourne, FL, USA