2001 Nissan Altima AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Apr 052005

Altima GXE 2.4L

While driving, (even short distances) cooling fans sound like a jet engine prepared for takeoff. Also, after engine shut off the fans the point where passengers and even strangers will ask "what's wrong with your car" or "why did you leave your car running? or "is your car overheating?" AND I can't lock my car while the fans are running, as the remote wont work with the fans on. So I have to manually lock unless I want to stand around and wait for the fans to shut off.

Mind you, my car is not overheating. Took it to Nissan and they charged me $140 something to diagnose that everything "looks ok"

If I wanted a car that sounded like it was about to explode, I would have saved myself a couple thousand and bought a Ford or something.

- , Drexel Hill, PA, USA