2001 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jun 152008

Altima GXE 4 cyl

I don't know if anyone else who has a concern about this type of problem, but i am trying to find a solution to it.

I am an ASM for Toyota and I own 2 Nissans, Last month I was changing the oil on my wifes car(01 altima) and inspected her car over pretty well. I found that the rear sub frame was badly scaling and rotting away. I know about the recall for 02-05 altimas for sub frame rotting, but this should not be happening with my car.

Well I contacted Nissan directly about this concern, and they said to have it inspected(which i did) and the NE Regional Rep contacted me 2 weeks later. She had told me that the dealer said, "your vehicle has discoloration on the frame", so i guess my frame isn't rotting. If I tap on the the frame, all this discoloration fall off and onto the ground.

I hope other people are having the same problem because if enough of us get together, we might be able to a Nissan put out a recall for sub frames on 01 altimas.

- , Tiverton, RI, USA