2001 Nissan Altima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Nov 182014

Altima 4-cyl

I was driving from work when I heard a cranking/squealing sound coming from the rear passenger side, I stopped and checked could not find anything, but noticed that anytime I stepped on the brakes/make a turn the sound will come on, took it to a mechanic who told me it was the motor mount and also that the brakes were been affected and I could not drive more than a certain mile on the highway. Also the engine light keeps coming on my dashboard, after several repairs to whatever the problem was, it's still on, now no one can tell if it is related to the issue car had or not, the headlights on the car hardly come on properly, even if I put them on full light, it's still looks dim and I can see with them at night when am driving, the heat suddenly comes on even without turning it on, am really scared now cause I don't want to get in an accident. Nissan needs to do something about all this complaints especially with such high recalls.

- North Providence, RI, USA