2001 Nissan Altima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

May 112001

Altima 4-cyl

Car has to be shifted from park all the way down the shifter and back up to start sometimes. I've owned this car since April 24, 2001. Dealer wouldn't do anything since "check engine light" wasn't on.

- Radcliff, KY, USA

Feb 012001

Altima 4WD

In 2001 I purchased a Nissan Altima. It left me stranded on numerous occasions. I could be running errands and right in the middle of my errands the vehicle wouldn't start. I would call a tow truck and once it made it to the Nissan dealer it would start right up (I thought it was an electrical problem). I contacted Nissan in December of 2001 regarding this problem and they "could not duplicate" it and wouldn't do anything to help me out. I left it at my dealer for weeks on 2 separate occasions. Since Nissan would do nothing to help me out and I live in Minnesota where being stranded in cold weather could kill you, I had to trade it off. Then the other day I say an article that they had recalled all these vehicles for the same problem that I had. So I contacted them again and they told me my vehicle was not included in the recall. I have no idea how they designate what gets recalled and what doesn't, but it has the same problem as the other 2.56 million vehicles.

- Lanesboro, MN, USA

Sep 282001

Complete engine shutdown at any time-no warning.

- Mount Vernon, NY, USA