8.7

2001 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Mar 122008

Altima Limited V6

In 2005 my dad brought this nissan and it seemed fine.... we had the car for almost 3 years and it starts to over heat. so my dad spent 1500 getting it fixed the first time i drive it for almost 7 months and it starts cutting off if i didn't hold gas to it. it runs really rough.. so i took it to precision tune and they said my knock sensor was missing an i needed a new starter just for this little bit of work it was 641.78. so i finally get the car out and i drive it home its doing the same thing just not as bad. I come straight home after this and decided that i would go out this is only my 2nd time driving the car since i got it out the shop. i stop to put in gas and the car wouldn't crank back up and then i notice the fuel injector is smoking so i had to call my dad and he still hasn't figured out what is wrong with it. Im tired of spending my money on it Im just going to get another car

- , Sumter, SC, USA

Jul 122007

Altima GXE

the power just cuts off to the engine. my dashboard usually goes blank at first. All the dials just go down and the digits disappear from odometer. Shortly after, I lose power from accelerator to engine. I have to pop it in neutral then back to drive. It's very dangerous. Have you had a solution to this?

- , Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Sep 192007

Altima GXE

My 2001 Nissan Altima just cuts off while I'm driving or sitting at the light. its very dangerous. i have had a tune ups, fuel cleaned, distributor replace and nothing is helping!!! i was told it was not the intake manifold. the check engine light is NOT on, and other than that it runs fine!!! this did not start happening until after i got a hot shot when i left my lights on. could that be the source of the problem?? PLEASE HELP!!!

- , Baltimore, Maryland, USA