1. replace intake manifold gasket (54 reports)
  3. new intake fuel gasket and valve cover gasket (3 reports)
2001 Nissan Altima engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Mar 302006

Altima GXE

I experience vigorous vibrations on the steering, cabin, passenger side seat, more-or-less the entire vehicle. The vibrations are experienced when the vehicle is in drive mode (D gear), stopped and the brake pedal is engaged. If the vehicle is in neutral then the vibrations are not experienced at all.

I am doing a research before I visit a service station/dealer and hopefully getting an idea as to how much it would cost me to fix this problem.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 022006

Altima Limited

The only time it shakes is when I am idling at a stop light in drive. if i put the car in neutral it doesnt do it as bad and if i turn on my ac it doesnt hardly do it at all. but why do i want to drive around with my ac on all the time and waste more gas? I dont trust mechanics for sh*t so i wont take it to one to get ripped off. Help me!

- , Wichita, KS, USA

Dec 092005

Altima GLE

it feels like the car is going to turn off!

- , Woodbridge, VA, USA

Aug 092003

Let's just get it fixed. It makes the whole family upset.

- , Silver Spring, MD, USA