8.3

2. replace at $300 per window (2 reports)
  3. replace regulator (2 reports)
2001 Nissan Altima windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Nissan Altima:

2001 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jul 012004

Altima GXE 2.4L

Just fixed problem and found out there was a recall on the window regulators. I experienced the other side of the car's window regulator went out. Took it in and they fixed it for me.

- , Clover, SC, USA

Jan 152004

Altima GXE 2.4L

Not a happy camper, cold frigid weather and my window is stuck down!

- , Clover, SC, USA

Aug 042009

Altima GXE 2.4L

as previous post said...expect to replace all 4 regulators if you keep car long enough...I'm "not using" my 2 back windows because of this (VERY ANNOYING), and my front drivers just broke (1 week after passenger front broke).

- , Acton, MA, USA

Jun 102006

Altima GXE V4

Yes, my passenger window died on me 2 years ago. Didn't know about this site until today (engine idling complaint). Sucked to, because the window regulator died when my AC was on the fritz, and it was in the beginning of the summer.

Still no fix, but the AC was fixed at least :O)

- , Rocky Hill, CT, USA

Oct 132007

Altima GXE

You can expect to replace your window regulators and intake manifold gasket in this car.

- , West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Mar 042008

Altima GXE 2.4L

Three out of four power windows have failed on my 2001 Nissan Altima. The car is only moderately used and there just isn't any reason for this type of failure. I have left the two rear power windows broken and have not had them repaired. The front passenger window was repaired at a cost of $268.00. I imagine it is only a matter of time until the front driver window fails. What is wrong with Nissan?

- , Portage, IN, USA