- October 25: Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 Transmission Lawsuit Almost Settled news | 0 days ago
- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 4 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 46 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 55 days ago
2002 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
Worst 2002 Altima electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- multiple electrical issues2
- NHTSA: Electrical System40
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition11
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator5
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Module2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly: Relay1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.