- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 25 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 35 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 46 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 48 days ago
2002 Nissan Altima
fuel system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
Worst 2002 Altima fuel system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rusty gas cap causing check engine light to come on1
- the fuel line fell off1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly11
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline9
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System9
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump5
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...5
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System4
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Delivery1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Delivery: Fuel Pump1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Fuel Injection System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.