- November 26: Nissan Titan Diesel XD Trucks Recalled For Fuel Pressure Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- November 6: Infiniti Q50S Brake Pad Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 35 days ago
- November 2: Investigation Closed Into Nissan Rogue Airbag Problems investigations | 37 days ago
- October 31: Nissan 370Z Clutch Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 39 days ago
2002 Nissan Altima
fuel system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
Worst 2002 Altima fuel system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rusty gas cap causing check engine light to come on1
- the fuel line fell off1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage: Tank Assembly11
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline9
- NHTSA: Fuel/Propulsion System9
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump5
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, ...5
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Fuel Injection System4
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Gasoline: Storage2
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Delivery1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Delivery: Fuel Pump1
- NHTSA: Fuel System, Other: Fuel Injection System1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.