CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.

6.0

1. replace emergency brake (1 reports)
2003 Nissan Altima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Altima:

2003 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Nov 072007

Altima SE 2.5L

Being that this was my 2nd Altima, when I drove it something didn't feel right (it was like I was dragging something underneath the car). I took it to the dealership to have the brakes checked out-but as usual, they informed me nothing was wrong with the car. I received at most 20MPG city and 22MPG highway for the first 102000 miles from this car which I also thought was exceptionally low. The dealership said all cars are different and the brakes, although worn, were fine. I went to Just Brakes for their special and the mechanic informed me that there's something wrong with my emergency brake and they fixed it for me. I've been getting well over 25MPG CITY!! and almost 29MPG HIGHWAY (last road trip average). Thanx for the total waste of gas Nissan!!

- , Palm Coast, FL, USA