- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 19 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 43 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 52 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 78 days ago
2003 Nissan Altima
exhaust system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
Worst 2003 Altima exhaust system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- precatalytic converter scored cylinders & sucks oil8
- CES light is on3
- cataylitic converter ruined engine2
- exhaust system rusted out1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System40
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail ...16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...14
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...9
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.