CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.

2003 Nissan Altima seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Altima:

2003 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Oct 072003

Altima 4-cyl

On my 2003 Nissan Altima there is a squeaking noise when the drivers seat belt is engaged. It's very annoying and if I hold and apply pressure the squeaking will stop. It's not a continuous squeak; however, it's whenever I move or whenever the brake is engaged. On 10/07, the service department at the dealer's sprayed some sort of "dry" lubricant....but still squeaks. I think I need a whole new part installed. I'm not talking about the whole seat belt, but the part that the seat belt hooks into next to the drivers seat. It drives me nuts!

- Alabaster, AL, USA