CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.

8.0

$1,500.00

2. rebuilt transmission (1 reports)
2003 Nissan Altima transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Nissan Altima:

2003 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Apr 012015

Altima 2.5L V4

Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Although it was high miles, I was constantly having to fix things under the hood.

- , Pell City, AL, USA

Aug 122010

Altima 2.5S

I was on my way to the store with my 8 year old when we came to a stop light. When the light turned green I put my foot on the gas pedal but the car did not move. I looked at the dash board and noticed that the car had died. I put the car into park and restarted the car. By that time the other drivers were pretty mad and honking at me like crazy. I'm just glad that it died while I was at the light instead of on the highway.

- , Kitchener, Ontario, Canada