2.0

2004 Nissan Altima AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Altima:

2004 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jun 012010

Altima 2.5L

When I want to defrost the front window, I turn to defrost, or mix, and the defroster works perfectly. When I am done, the Air Conditioner is still engaged, and does not turn off until the key is turned off. I have checked and the A/C is not only cold, it is engaged under the hood.

Is this a computer problem or a relay problem? Everything tells me it is a computer problem, but there are no error codes to read when it happens.

The dealer 5 years ago told me there was no recall, and was going to charge me $120 to troubleshoot. I had the error codes read for free then, and no codes. I used the defrost very rarely because the car was garaged. Now I have moved to a more humid area, and it sits outside and it is used every morning and evening."

- , San Diego, CA, USA